Romanian, English, Spanish
- Intellectual property
- Domain names
- Arbitration and court disputes
- Corporate and M&A
Mihaela is an experienced arbitration lawyer, with great expertise in intellectual property, construction and environmental matters. She has acted as counsel under the ICSID, UNCITRAL, ICC, VIAC, WIPO and CICA Rules.
Mihaela is an experienced domain name panelist with the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center of Geneva where she solved over 200 disputes. She also sits as arbitrator with the Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania (CICA). She receive appointments in commercial arbitrations.
Named a Future Leader in Arbitration – Partners Chapter for 2018-2021 by WWL and GAR. Ranked as a Global Leader in Arbitration for the 2022-2023 edition. Featured in the 2017 and 2022-2023 editions as Who’s Who in Trademarks.
Mihaela is also experienced in large transactions and consultancy work in various business sectors such as M&A, general corporate matters.
• Co-author of “Practical Insights on Anti-Suit Injunctions” and “Practical Insights on Anti-Arbitration Injunctions”, in Kluwer Arbitration Practice Plus, Joshua Karton, Simon Greenberg, Fan Yang (eds), Wolters Kluwer, 2021.
• Author of “Applicable Law in Domain Name Arbitrations”, in Romanian Arbitration Journal, no. 1/2021.
• Co-author of “Applicable Law to Arbitration Agreement and No Oral Modification Clause: Case Note on the Decision of the England and Wales Court of Appeal”, in Contemporary Asia Arbitration Journal (ESCI), (Vol. 13, No. 2), 2020.
• Co-author of “The new generic Internet domain names. Considerations from the practice of solving generic Internet domain name disputes under UDRP”, in the Romanian Journal of Intellectual Property Law no. 1/2017.
• Author of Chapter 7.02, “.RO Domain Name Disputes in Romania” in: Arbitration in Romania, a Practitioner’s Guide, Crenguta Leaua and Flavius A. Baias (eds), Wolters Kluwer, 2016.
• Co-author of “Case law benchmarks on the defence of the personal name protected as trademark”, in the Romanian Journal of Intellectual Property Law no. 1/2014.
• Co-author of “Internet domain names”, in the Romanian Journal of Intellectual Property Law no. 1/2012.
• Co-author of “Trademarks for Medicine. Choice. Special conditions, relevant public”, in the Romanian Journal of Intellectual Property Law no. 2/2011.
• Reader during 2015-2020 at the LLM Programme “International Commercial Arbitration” organised by the Law School of the Bucharest University, with a lecture on Intellectual Property and Arbitration: UDRP disputes.
• Speaker at the International biennial conference, XI Edition, organised on 29 October 2016 by the Law School of the West University of Timisoara, with a presentation on: “New Internet domain names: looming of a new practice of solving UDRP disputes”.
• Speaker at the National Conference of commercial law, organised on 13 June 2015 by the Law School of Babeș-Bolyai University – Cluj, with a presentation on: “Considerations on sale of internet domain names”.
• Speaker at the International Conference: Modern trends in international commercial arbitration, organised on 7 September 2012 by the Law School of the Bucharest University, with a presentation on: “Internet domain names disputes and ADR; other ADR for intellectual property rights”.